top of page


What are phytosanitary treatments in Communities of Property Owners? These are treatments carried out with chemical products to control pests and diseases of plant species (aphids, powdery mildew, scale insects, caterpillars plant species (aphids, powdery mildew, mealy bugs, caterpillars, processionary caterpillars, galeruca, banana tiger, etc.) which are inside the green areas belonging to Communities of Owners. The chemical control (phytosanitary products) of these species is regulated by Royal Decree 1311/2012, which establishes the framework for action to achieve a sustainable use of phytosanitary products.

What do I have to take into account when contracting phytosanitary pest control services in my Community? The companies that provide phytosanitary services must be registered in the ROPO and the technicians must have a professional user card for phytosanitary products. Only phytosanitary products registered and authorised by the Ministry of Agriculture can be used for the control of the pest or disease-causing species and for the specific plant species to be treated. The use of plant protection products for the control of urban pests such as mosquitoes, cockroaches, rodents, fleas, ticks, etc. is prohibited. Phytosanitary treatments carried out in spaces used by the general public, including green and recreational areas, with ornamental vegetation or for shade, must be carried out following a mandatory Integrated Pest Management (IPM) advice report issued by a recognised advisor registered in the ROPO. Both the application technicians and the service companies that carry out phytosanitary treatments in these areas are obliged to draw up the corresponding Work Plan, based on the mandatory advice document issued by a recognised IPM advisor. In addition, the professional user or contracting company must apply to the competent body of the local administration for authorisation to carry out the treatment at least ten working days in advance.

6 views0 comments


bottom of page